Friday, September 24, 2010

Great article about freelance writing!!

Gaining Muscles As a Freelance Writer

Freelance writing is a career you can pursue from anywhere, even from your kitchen table. It is simply the best way to earn money on the internet today, from the comfort of your own home. It's a profession that many aspire to, but relatively few attain.

Do You Need Inspiration To Become a Freelance Writer?

A lot of people believe that you need inspiration to hit you to become a writer. I think that it's nice if it happens. That's not how it started for me. I created a website Computer Secrets Busted. I wanted to share the knowledge accumulated during a long professional career as a Software Developer. I wanted the website to be noticed. That led me to writing. The desire to succeed pushed me to my computer and led me to spend many hours trying to perfect my writing.

The truth of the matter is that freelance writing is hard work that takes devotion and skills if you want to be successful. It's like any other career. If you are looking to "get rich quick" then freelance writing is not for you. But if you treat freelance writing as a conversation with a friend then it might work.

I decided to write about things that I am an expert of: computers, security software, gadgets, data backups, internet and web hosting. I believe, this information is helpful for a lot of people today. That encourages and inspires me to write even more.

Reading has always been my passion. Now writing becomes another passion of mine. Writing regularly teaches me how to write and leads to creative writing. Writing became continuation of reading and started as a desire to share thoughts created during reading.

That's how inspiration starts. It creeps on you, it grabs your thoughts and you have no choice - you have to spill your thoughts and feelings on paper. Freelance writing benefits us because while we are writing articles, we are actually teaching ourselves in the process. If you put in the work now, you can reap the freelance writing benefits later. Things I learned while crawling through my first articles:

Establish real goals 
Plan your time 
Quality over quantity 
Organize working space, otherwise you lose a lot of time 
Do not wear pajamas in the office even if your desk is your kitchen 
Accept boring assignments to earn exciting money

Never be afraid to make mistakes as long as they are not disasters. Working at your own pace and being your own boss is a great advantage. Once freelance writing becomes a real skill - making money on internet comes naturally.

Alla Goltsman is a Freelance Writer and a Webmaster. Visit her blog [http://CompuBasket.com]Computer Secrets Busted for money saving internet tips and further information about security software for your computer, electronics, gadgets, home based business and answers to many computer questions. Follow Alla on Twitter http://twitter.com/1galla

Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Gaining-Muscles-As-a-Freelance-Writer&id=5085342] Gaining Muscles As a Freelance Writer

Comments (0)

No comments:

Post a Comment